19 November 2009

Independent Retail Week, or Why the Hell Am I Not in New York Right Now????

So, in my industry perousing I just came across this little event going on this week called "Indepdendent Retail Week." My interest was piqued. All sorts of independent stores across NY are doing all sorts of fun promotions, sales, events, whatever this week. Kind of like Fashion's Night Out, but a week long and wayy more grassroots. In a way, I think this is more important than FNO because these independent stores are what makes fashion personal, what allows these retailers to have their own voice.

Anyways, when I saw the list of participating retailers, I lost it. Why the F am I not in New York right now?? In fact, as I write this post, there is a Steven Alan sample sale going on at the label's flagship in Tribeca! NOOOO!!!!!!!! Anyways, IRW has got all sorts of great stores participating, including The Dressing Room on the LES (the one I posted about a few weeks ago!), Lois Eastlund also on the LES, Jean Shop, Buckler, and cute boutiques galore!

New Yorkers, you are one lucky bunch of shoppers.

Go here for more info: http://www.independentretailweek.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=71

No comments:

Post a Comment