04 November 2009

I never feel guilty about buying shoes. In fact, I feel proud to buy these!

I was just reading up about the Accessories Council ACE awards, and their Humanitarian Award went to TOMS Shoes. My interest was piqued, I went to their website to check out what they are all about.


TOMS creates these really great, stylish but utilitarian and totally wearable shoes. Prices range from about $40 to $80 dollars, but here's the catch-- according to their "One for One" policy, for every pair of shoes they sell they will donate a pair to "child in need." I strongly reccomend you check out their website, this sounds like a really great cause:  http://www.tomsshoes.com/

TOMS shoes would make a great Christmas gift; they aren't too pricy and they are backed by a worthwhile cause! Spread some holiday cheer and order some today! Or check out the website and find a retailer near you.

Personally, the following were my favorites. This first pair is really chill and totally wearable, and I love the no laces look:

And if you are in more of a statement-making mood, go for the "Make art not war" shoe:



And, of course, it wouldn't be a Kingston Project blogpost if there wasn't some sort of sparkly paillette reference! I really like these, and they are unisex!:



So come on people, it's a new era of ethical clothing, of supporting charitable pursuits. So go out and get yoru TOMS today!

No comments:

Post a Comment