15 January 2010

options galore thx to polyvore

So here's a set I just did because I wanted to see what would happen if I tried to style one of those new Proenza Schouler tie-dye pieces. Unfortunately, polyvore's only choices were between a frumpy tie-dye tank (I would just hit up Lands End and save some money if I were you) and this incredible dress- the choice was made for me.

The tie-dye effect of this dress gives it such a rocker-chic-cool-girl feeling that I knew immediately that I wanted to pair it up with a distressed, cropped leather jacket. Going for a cropped jacket will help add some shape, because the torso of the dress appears to be rather simple.

But then, there's the problem of shoes.... how do you match something to lime green tie-dye??
I thought it would have been hard to find some good shoes but I had the opposite problem... I couldn't narrow down the selection. So I decided just to give my top three. All three stick with the rocker-chic punk aesthetic, but take it in a slightly different directions.

What do you think??




Dress by Proenza Schouler. Cropped Worley leather jacket. Elisanero open toe belt booties. Jimmy Choo cage elaphe bootie sandals. Balmain studded suede sandal.

No comments:

Post a Comment